Our kitchen staff daily cater food for 250 people
In total our students are served food 6 times a day. 3 main courses - and 3 rounds of refreshments.
The kitchen staff is educated and trained to plan, cook and serve food that is well balanced and nutritious! We take pride in traditional, Danish food that is made from scratch. During the year we have theme weeks; Mexican, Indian, Italian etc. Our international students are very welcome to share their ideas with the kitchen staff.
If our students have any allergies the kitchen accommodates that too.
The main meals
The main meals are mandatory for our students to attend. There are buffets and at all meals the students can go for seconds or thirds.
- Milk, coffeee, tea, water
- Oat meal (sometimes)
- Jam, cheese, butter.
Lunch is the main meal of the day. There is always a main course like lasagna, meat balls, chicken etc. Every day the students can also mix their own salads.
The students can always choose between:
- Cold meat toppings
- Warm leftovers (Usually from the day before)
- Mixed Salad
- And a selection of vegetables, toppings (fried onions, dressing, pickled beet root etc)
- The students often have the choices of a variety of toppings such as: Boiled eggs, tuna salads, chicken salads etc.
Refreshments are served every day - and are voluntary for our students to join:
Mostly buns, fruits - and occasionally cake.
- We do not serve vegan food at Campus Vedersø.
- And we do also not accommodate pickiness…. :)
Dietary policies at Campus Vedersø
We are a school that offers a wide variety of sports classes, and therefore the focus of the food served at the meals is:
- All our meals follow the official dietary recommendations from the Danish health authorities.
- The meals are planned by educated staff and is a variety of Danish - and international courses.
- We always serve a lot of vegetables, whole grain bread and fruits.
- We limit the amount of sugar served to the students.
- We are a part of the EU-school policy for bread, vegetables, milk and fruits.