The International - Academy and Boarding School of Denmark will be your home and as such we want all of our students to feel safe and welcome in this multicultural environment. Our students come from a variety of cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds with various expectations and cultural norms. The International wants to ensure an open and tolerant learning environment, free from prejudice, where everyone can feel at home regardless of his or her nationality or personal background.
In any group or small society, where people have to live and function together in a safe environment, it is necessary to have common guidelines and rules that all the members adhere to. The same is true at The International.
Guidelines and structure
- At The International, you will be treated and respected as a young responsible adult. You will be met with respect, openness and a positive attitude - we naturally expect you to treat others in the same way.
- You must follow your schedule, show up to classes, activities and duties on time including observing homework hours and bedtime.
- You shall come prepared and participate actively in class/activities and in a manner, which supports a caring, considerate, respectful and helpful environment.
- In addition, you are responsible for completing assignments and coursework on time. Failure to do so may result in an incomplete grade.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are not allowed at the International or when travelling to or from the school, nor is it allowed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs whilst at the school.
- Smoking any type of tobacco is banned.
- Sexual interaction is not allowed.
- To ensure privacy, male and female accommodation is separate.
- Racism and xenophobia are contrary to The International’s founding principles and therefore any form of hate speech or discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Any form of bullying and/or violent conduct will not be condoned.
- On school days all internet-based electronic items including cell-phones shall be handed-in before bedtime. Read more about our phone policy here.
- If you need medicine during your stay at The International, you will be asked to provide a doctor’s note. Depending on the type of medicine, we may request that we administer the medicine from the office.
- The above rules apply at any given time/place while you are in the care of the school.
If you fail to respect and adhere to the rules, you cannot expect to continue as a student at The International.